Center Intelligent Production Systems
Research fields of the CIPS
The CIPS research fields result from the social mega trends of the 2020 years combined with the professorial competences.
Industrial production with its hight requirements towards quality must keep up with the continuous technological changes to remain competitive in Germany.
Thus, it is important to embed innovative technologies of diverse disciplines into processes. This especially applies to the digitisation of industrial manufacturing and supporting processed, e.g. development.
CIPS, at the cross-roads between technical and economical process management with a strong focus on digitisation technology, is taking on this challenge
Cognitive & immersive assistance systems
- <b/>AR/VR/MR technologies
- Assisted employee leadership in assembly
Machine-oriented process management
- Data-driven manufacturing and assembly
- "From Sensor 2 Dashboard 2 Control Loop"
- Creating concepts for flexible manufacturing and assembly systems
Machine learning in producton & development
- New approaches to data-driven product and process development
- Machine learning as application-oriented instrument
- <b/>Development of a start-up culture within THWS
- Life-cycle oriented approaches in the context of climate protection and adjustment
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jan Schmitt (Head of the CIPS)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bastian Engelmann
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Volker Bräutigam
Phone +49 9721 940-8595
- Head of the BMBF-funded research project module BEST-FIT Pionier
- Manager of the PlanAR research project