FlowProMicro-logistics of the future with de-centrally organised, autonomous ground & aerial transport units
- Duration: 01 Jul. 2020 to 30 June 2023
- Funded by: Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, mFUND research initiative
- Project partner(s): Emqopter GmbH, Flexus AG, Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft des Saarlandes (HTW Saar), InSystems Automation GmbH - ASTI Mobile Robotics, Siemens AG
- Amount of funding: 869,024 Euro (share allocated for THWS)
- Further information: BMVI
Summary and project goals
The FlowPro project implements micro-logistics down to lot size 1 through the flexible, AI-based implementation of decentrally organised, ground and air-bound, autonomous conveyor units. The goal is the prototypical development of a self-optimising, cross-company, decentralised logistics network that collaboratively combines ground- and air-bound transport units. Special attention is paid to the integration of an ERP system and end-to-end security.
THWS is pursuing 2 main goals in the project:
- Design and prototypical implementation of a decentralised micro-logistics system in a continuous evaluation and feedback circle around the topic of security, and thus the sub-project goal of end-to-end integration of security into the overall project.
- Development of an automatic, decentralised bidding component as a core function of the logistics system, in a federated learning approach. In order to react quickly to changes in the environmental parameters and to learn models in new environments fast, the component is based on transfer learning.
About the mFUND of the BMVI
As part of the mFUND research initiative, the BMVI has been funding research and development projects related to data-based digital applications for Mobility 4.0 since 2016. In addition to financial funding, the mFUND supports networking between stakeholders from politics, business and research with various event formats as well as access to the data portal mCLOUD.
Find further information here: mFUND