Students in park (c) Jonas Kron

Social Counselling

The Counselling Service of the Studentenwerk is a point of contact for students who are in a difficult life situation and are looking for advice on social issues. The service covers various areas, for example financial aid for students or social benefits like housing or child benefit. Student parents, international students or students with disabilities or chronic diseases can get support and information to handle their studies in the best possible way. During all transition periods of your studies, e.g. at the start and end of your studies or if you want to change your degree programme, the social counselling is offering advice as well as in all other social questions concerning your studies. You don’t have to register for an appointment. The counselling is free of charge and confidential. The social counselling service may also be your first port of call; it can arrange contact to other, more specialised services.