Current Job Offer for a W2 Professorship in Mathematical Foundations of Trustful Learning
We are looking for a researcher with fundamental theoretical and practical experience and the abilities to successfully represent this field in research and teaching. The successful candidate is a personality from the computer science, mathematics or related fields with a developed research profile, practical experience and proven experience in at least two of the following areas:
- interpretable and explainable AI
- adversarial attacks
- differential privacy
- homomorphic encryption
- privacy preserving learning
- model uncertainty (prediction calibration, conformal prediction)
- fairness and algorithmic bias
Substantial knowledge in the fields Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining and Machine Learning are expected.
Furthermore, we expect your willingness to become actively involved in building and implementing the competence center CAIRO into the cross-faculty research institute for Digital Engineering (IDEE) as well as into to new study opportunities of FHWS in the area of AI.
Post holders will have a decreased teaching load of 50% for this research professorship. Therefore, they should initiate and execute application-oriented research and development projects, initially for five years, while the teaching load is reduced to 9 weekly hours per semester. This will be agreed in an objectives agreement with FHWS.Teaching activities focus on the field of Artificial Intelligence.
We expect the post holder to be willing to take over courses in the foundation modules of computer science as well as related subject areas, even in other faculties if necessary. Courses are to be taught in English as language of instruction.
We also expect that related courses can be taught in German within two years after starting the position
For the professor's position we would also expect:
- Our University is becoming a bilingual higher education institution. Therefore, we assume that you offer the courses in both German and English. A very good command of English is a prerequisite.
- Willingness to regularly visit international universities with strategic relations to FHWS.
- Active participation in the further development of the faculty and the university;
- Commitment in the internationalisation and self-administration of our University and participation in applied research projects and in the area of technology and knowledge transfer.
Position is to be filled as soon as possible, your place of employment will be our location in Würzburg.
Deadline: 15 May 2022.
For more information on the position and the required prerequisites, see Karriere.