Caring for relatives
Relatives being dependant on care poses particular challenges to the reconciliation of work and daily life organisation. If a family member (suddenly) cannot care for themselves anymore, there are a million questions – and at least as many contact persons.
Local counselling and exchange offers in person
- Fachstelle für pflegende Angehörige Halma e.V. Würzburg, complimentary counselling and information with a focus on dementia
- Beratung für Senioren und pflegende Angehörige des Landratsamts Würzburg
- Pflegestützpunkt Würzburg, care counselling and coordination
- Demenz-Café der Arche gGmbH Würzburg for exchange and networking for caring relatives and dementia patients
- Pflegestützpunkt Schweinfurt, care counselling and coordination
- Fachstelle für pflegende Angehörige der Diakonie Schweinfurt, counselling, networking and relieve
- Seniorenbüro in Schweinfurt, counselling and information for senior citizens and their relatives in all questions on the topic "growing older"
Flyers and online information
- Ratgeber Pflege des Bundesministeriums für Gesundheit
- Pflegeberatung für pflegende Angehörige
- Informationen für und rund um ältere Menschen of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
- Online Care Guide (in German) of the Federal Ministry of Health
- Online Dementia Guide (in German)
- Guide Dementia (in German)
- Wegweiser Demenz
- Alzheimer Gesellschaft Würzburg / Unterfranken e.V.
- Care benefits
- Register of care benefits (in German)
- Domestic care: Finanzielle Unterstützung und Leistungen für die ambulante Pflege
Family care time/care period
- Act on Improved Reconciliation of Family, Care and Work (German Gesetz zur besseren Vereinbarkeit von Familie, Pflege und Beruf)
- Informationen zur Familienpflegezeit und Pflegezeitrechner of the Federal Office of Family Affairs and Civil Society Functions
- Flyer zur besseren Vereinbarkeit von Familie, Pflege und Beruf des Bundesministeriums für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend
Rights for caring relatives
- Up to ten days off work with acute situations of caring for relatives to ensure or organise care
- Pflegeunterstützungsgeld for up to ten work days per person dependant on care, to be applied for with the nursing care insurance of the relative to be cared for
- Up to six months of leave of absence for caring for close relatives in a domestic environment
- Up to 24 months of partial leave of absence for caring for close relatives in a domestic environment (reduction of working hours to as little as 15 hours) if the six months of leave of absence do not suffice
- Up to three months of leave of absence for accompanying close relatives in their last life phase
Regulations and deadlines can be found in the German Flyer zur besseren Vereinbarkeit von Familie, Pflege und Beruf des Bundesministeriums für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend.
- Unconditional requested part-time work (“voraussetzungslose Antragsteilzeit”) in accordance with Art. 88 BayBG: upon request reduction of the working hours to half if the regular working hours
- Family-political part-time work (“Familienpolitische Teilzeit”) according to Art. 89 BayBG: upon request part-time work (at least 8 hours per week) when caring for or nursing at least one child under 18 or another relative dependant on care according to a medical certificate
- Family-political leave of absence (“Familienpolitische Beurlaubung”) according to Art. 89 BayBG: upon request leave of absence without salary when caring for or nursing a child under 18 or another relative dependant on care according to a medical certificate
- Release from service in accordance with para. 10 UrlMV.:
- upon request one work day in case of severe illness of a relative living in the same household.
- up to nine days off work to care for a care-dependent relative in an acute care situation within the meaning of para. 2 and 7 of the Nursing Care Period Act (Pflegezeitgesetz) for organising needs-oriented care or to ensure care in this period. There is entitlement to another day according to para 13 UrlMV
For requests and questions, please contact the competent contact person of the Personnel Department.
Offers and support for students
Where organisationally and didatically possible, there are the following offers:
- Preferred choice of courses upon proof of caring activities (obtainable from the nursing care insurance of the person to be cared for)
- Digital teaching offers (E-Learning, hybrid teaching)
- Deadline extensions due to caring activities (Request for extension to be directed towards the competent examination commission)
- Holiday semesters